This training program is ideal if…
“the bigger our portfolio gets, the more competing priorities we have.”
“everyone sees the market through a different lens.”
“our competition has a stronger vision and a better story?”
Product portfolio management is the new way to do product management, product marketing and sales enablement in B2B. In this advanced product portfolio management training course, you’ll learn how to accelerate your growth by shifting the organization’s focus from tactical products to strategic solutions.
This hands-on, how-to workshop is ideal you’ve made a lot of acquisitions and product teams are working in silos with product-specific goals. You’ll learn how to unite product, marketing and sales teams to a common focal point — the business goals of your target customers — and leverage your portfolio to deliver, market and sell higher value solutions that accelerate growth and keep the competition at bay.
Training Program Overview
Identify Your Most Lucrative Markets
The most lucrative markets for each product may not be the most lucrative markets for your organization. In this section of the course, you’ll learn how to identify the most lucrative markets for the organization so that your product, marketing and sales teams are strategically and tactically aligned.
- Learn how to analyze your portfolio to get a clear picture of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in each market so that your strategic investment decisions are made objectively.
- Learn how to uncover market needs from the executive buyers in the C-suite all the way down to the task masters in the trenches so that your product, marketing and sales initiatives consistently deliver strategic value.
- Learn how to develop a strong cadence for communicating market information across the organization so that everyone sees the same markets through the same lens and the rogue initiatives are kept to a dull roar!
Create a Market & Portfolio Strategy For Growth
A product-centric strategy is a house of cards because there’s alway a better product idea! In this section of the course, you’ll learn how to create a market and portfolio strategy that drives predictable growth by making the business goals of your target customers the focal point.
- Learn how to develop a portfolio strategy (the destination) with integrated product, marketing and sales enablement plans (the turn-by-turn directions) that communicate how you’ll help customers meet their business goals and grow profitably doing it.
- Learn how to create strategic and product roadmaps without making product commitments so that you only need one version of each roadmap for all audiences.
- Learn how to create product, marketing and sales enablement plans that are complementary instead of competitive to reduce the number of stops, starts and shifts in priorities.
Execute Product, Marketing and Sales Enablement Plans to Get the Results
The hardest part is always the execution. But it’s not nearly as hard when the target you’re aiming for is crystal clear. In this section of the course you’ll learn how a customer-centric focus takes the devil out of the details and simplifies day-to-day execution in the trenches.
- Learn how to lead product development teams (Agile and waterfall) with market and customer insights that inspire them to build more innovative solutions with greater strategic value.
- Learn how to become proficient at executing all processes for planning, delivering and launching more successful products.
- Learn how to position strategic, operational and tactical industry solutions that differentiate your organization from the competition and open more doors for sales at the decision-maker level.
- Learn how to structure a team of market owners and product owners that collectively determine the strategic direction of your product portfolio and execute the tactics in the trenches to accelerate growth.
The Proficientz Difference: Your solutions will be more valuable, your value propositions will be more relevant and your salespeople will win more because our B2B product management framework is the only one that teaches you how to make your customers successful and use your products and services to grow profitably doing it.
Schedule your private onsite workshop today.