“Portfolio” PRODUCT MANAGEMENT & PRODUCT MARKETING COURSES
Deliver More Strategic Value. Grow the Company. Advance Your Career!
Stop Managing Every Product Like a Business!
It’s keeping a lid on your company’s growth because you end up with too many silos, competing plans, low-value features, constantly changing priorities and tactical value messages that don’t energize anyone. Adopt a portfolio approach to product management and product marketing and unite product teams, marketing and sales behind customer business outcomes with proven strategic value. It’s the easiest way to deliver high-impact solutions, grow the company and advance your career.
PERSONALIZED HANDS-ON TRAINING COURSES
You’ll Know What Good Looks Like for You!
80% of every instructor-led training course consists of hands-on exercises that reflect your real-world. You’ll know exactly what to do and how to do it after the training because we’ll do it together first in the classroom.
But the training doesn’t end there. After the in-person training, your team (and new hires) can refresh and learn new skills at the point of need with Product Management University On-Demand, your anytime, anywhere online training portal. More on Learning in the Flow of Your Work.
Portfolio PRODUCT MANAGEMENT & PRODUCT MARKETING COURSE MODULES
Create a personalized onsite training course that fits your team like it was tailor-made!
Markets & Customer Goals
You’ll Never Miss the Target for Strategic Value Again!
A “portfolio” approach to market analysis means you’ll solve bigger problems with greater strategic value because you’re not looking at the market through the narrow lens of each product. A wider market lens without product filters keeps product teams, marketing and sales aligned to the customer’s most critical business outcomes – the solutions!
- Segment markets to align products, marketing & sales to a common definition of “target markets.”
- Create outcome-based personas and requirements that give product, marketing and sales teams clear and quantifiable value targets with strategic impact.
- Do situational competitive analysis that keeps everyone focused on customer outcomes, not features.
**This module is a prerequisite for all courses.
Opportunities & Priorities
Strategies, Plans & Priorities That Stick Like Glue!
What’s best for every product isn’t always the most valuable thing for the customer! That’s the reason your strategies and priorities are constantly changing. They’re too focused on product success (subjective) and not focused enough on customer outcomes (objective). A “portfolio” approach fixes that by making quantifiable customer outcomes the centerpiece your product, marketing and sales priorities!
- Using market analysis from the previous module, you’ll create outcome-based portfolio/product strategies, product plans, roadmaps and backlogs so that you’re always building and delivering quantifiable strategic value.
- Create a portfolio product marketing roadmap that fences sales into the most lucrative markets with clear “solution” opportunities.
- Create market positioning that uses the customer’s voice to communicate your value story from the top down or bottom up. Higher quality pipelines, anyone?
Build & Deliver
Clear Value Targets Lead to Precise Execution!
It’s all about execution, and it’s even easier when the value targets are clear and don’t change with the wind! Learn 10 best practices for product design, development and go-to-market execution that yield better results with less effort.
- Improve design, development and go-to-market efficiency that produces more revenue and stronger customer references.
- Structure product management and product marketing teams for customer value/outcomes.
- Facilitate rollouts that ensure readiness and success on all fronts.
Market & Sell
Create an Urgency to Buy!
Learn how to create and mobilize the customer’s version of your value story. Differentiation and more revenue from existing solutions is the end game!
- Create outcome-based positioning that tells users how you’re going to make them more successful.
- Create marketing and sales tools that tell your value story in the customer’s voice (not the product’s voice).
- Train salespeople to sell outcomes, not features.
WANT TRAINING FOR JUST YOURSELF?
Check out our online product management courses and certification!
Does Product Management Training Really Help My Career?
In the 2020 State of Product Leadership (SOPL) report published by Pendo, finding #1 reveals…
“Those with an advanced training in product management have achieved higher levels of seniority in their careers.”