Competing Priorities Eliminated: Products, Marketing & Sales
Pre-requisite: Markets & Customer Goals
No more silos, no more competing priorities, and no more guesswork on investments that maximize the strategic value of new and existing products. Opportunities & Priorities teaches you how to use a common set of customer business goals and success metrics combined with market data to establish product, marketing and sales investment priorities across your product portfolio.
At the end of this course you’ll able to clearly articulate and quantify product, marketing and sales initiatives for acquiring new customers and generating more revenue from existing customers.
- Establish portfolio and product investment priorities around customer business goals so you can deliver solutions with greater strategic value.
- Establish marketing and sales priorities for growing short-term revenue from existing solutions.
- Unite product, marketing and sales teams behind customer business goals (instead of product priorities) to improve focus and execution.
- Sales-Driven Priorities – Strategic priorities are constantly changing because they’re being driven by the sales pipeline, squeaky customers and subjective product priorities instead of the business goals of your target customers in chosen markets.
- Competing Plans & Conflicting Priorities – Product teams work in silos and establish priorities based on conflicting views of the same markets.
- Losing Sales to Inferior Competition – Tactical product requirements in, tactical value propositions out! There’s no aspirational value story or vision that distinguishes you from the competition?
- Strategic Priorities Driven by Customer Goals – Learn how to establish your product, marketing and sales priorities based on top-down customer goals, then create a realistic strategy with supporting tactical plans you can execute with confidence to drive profitable growth.
- Marketing & Sales Priorities for Short-Term Revenue – Learn an industry segment solutions approach to get the most revenue possible from horizontal products.
- Product Portfolio Priorities for Longer-Term Growth – Learn an industry segment solutions approach for creating a strategic roadmap and product plans that propel you up the growth curve in your most lucrative markets.
- Customer Value Narrative – What’s on the roadmap? Why should we fund that? What’s in the next release? What’s the value proposition? You’ll learn how to answer these questions and others in a pure customer value narrative without ever mentioning products or features. They’re optional!
- Stronger Value Focus – The narrative changes from “how can we make more money with our products” to “how can we make our customers more successful and grow profitably doing it with our products/services?”
- Clarity That Improves Execution – When everyone understands WHO you’re targeting, WHAT you’ll help them accomplish, and WHY it’s critical to their success, they’ll be more innovative and execute with greater purpose and focus.
- Greater Go-to-Market Momentum – Your cadence for delivering high-value solutions to the market will increase and help you establish, maintain or increase your competitive edge because your product, marketing and sales teams will be focused on common customer success goals.
Fees for Instructor-Led Workshops (minimums apply)
- 1-Day Workshop: $1,000/person
- 2-Day Workshop: $1,600/person
- 3-Day Workshop: $2,000/person
**Additional fees for international travel apply.
PRODUCT AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Basic Product Management Skills: 2-Day Workshop
Advanced Product/Portfolio Management & Strategy: 3-Day Workshop
Market/Business Requirements Definition: 1-Day Workshop
PRODUCT MARKETING & SALES ENABLEMENT
Basic Product Marketing & Sales Enablement Skills: 2-Day Workshop
Advanced Product/Portfolio Marketing & Strategy: 2-Day Workshop
Product Demo Training: 2-Day Workshop