OPPORTUNITIES & PRIORITIES Course
Competing & Constantly Changing Priorities are a Killer!
No more silos, no more competing priorities and no more guesswork on strategic investments for new and existing products. Opportunities & Priorities is a product strategy and product planning training course that teaches your product management, product marketing and sales enablement teams how to accelerate short-term revenue and longer-term growth by aligning their priorities to a common set of customer business goals, priorities and success metrics.
When you complete this course, you’ll able to clearly articulate and quantify product, marketing and sales initiatives for acquiring new customers and generating more revenue from existing customers.
Pre-requisite: Markets & Customer Goals
One Less Thing to Figure Out!
You’ll always know exactly what you’re learning and how it’s relevant to the big picture. Unlike our competitors, every Proficientz course module maps directly to its namesake section in the Proficientz Framework so that you don’t need a reference chart to figure it out. The course icons and framework are color-coded by design to make it even easier.
Opportunities & Priorities Course Objectives
- Align portfolio and product investment priorities to customer business goals so that you consistently deliver solutions with greater strategic value.
- Establish marketing and sales priorities for growing short-term revenue from existing solutions.
- Unite product, marketing and sales teams behind customer business goals (instead of product priorities) to improve focus and execution.
- Sales-Driven Priorities – Strategic priorities are constantly changing because they’re being driven by the sales pipeline, squeaky customers and subjective product priorities instead of the business goals and priorities of your target customers.
- Competing Plans & Conflicting Priorities – Product teams work in silos and establish priorities based on product-biased views of the same markets.
- Losing Sales to Inferior Competition – Tactical product requirements in, tactical value propositions out! There’s no aspirational value story or vision that distinguishes you from the competition?
- Strategic Priorities Driven by Customer Goals – Learn how to establish your product, marketing and sales priorities based on top-down customer goals, then create a realistic strategy with supporting tactical plans you can execute with confidence to drive profitable growth.
- Marketing & Sales Priorities for Short-Term Revenue – Learn an industry segment solutions approach to get the most revenue possible from horizontal products.
- Product Portfolio Priorities for Longer-Term Growth – Learn an industry segment solutions approach for creating a strategic roadmap and product plans that propel you up the growth curve in your most lucrative markets.
- Customer Value Narrative – What’s on the roadmap? Why should we fund that? What’s in the next release? What’s the value proposition? You’ll learn how to answer these questions and others in a pure customer value narrative without ever mentioning products or features. They’re optional!
- Stronger Value Focus – The narrative changes from “how can we make more money with our products” to “how can we make our customers more successful and grow profitably doing it with our products/services?”
- Clarity That Improves Execution – When everyone understands WHO you’re targeting, WHAT you’ll help them accomplish, and WHY it’s critical to their success, they’ll be more innovative and execute with greater purpose and focus.
- Greater Go-to-Market Momentum – Your cadence for delivering high-value solutions to the market will increase and help you establish, maintain or increase your competitive edge because your product, marketing and sales teams will be focused on common customer success goals.