Product Strategy Training – The Cure for Shiny Object Syndrome
Pre-requisite: Markets & Customer Goals
Your Priorities Should Change With the Market, Not the Weather!
The most lucrative opportunities for each product aren’t always the most lucrative opportunities for your organization. Opportunities & Priorities is an advanced product strategy training course that teaches you how to align your short-term marketing and sales priorities and your long-term product development priorities to the strategic business goals of your target customers so that your organization (and your entire product portfolio) are always in sync with the market.
- Establish marketing and sales priorities for growing short-term revenue from existing solutions.
- Establish portfolio and product priorities for accelerating longer-term growth with new, higher-value business solutions.
- Unite product, marketing and sales teams behind customer value themes (instead of product priorities) to improve execution.
- Sales-Driven Priorities – Strategic priorities are constantly changing because they’re being driven by the sales pipeline, squeaky customers and subjective product priorities instead of the business goals of your target customers in chosen markets.
- Competing Plans & Conflicting Priorities – Product teams work in silos and establish priorities based on conflicting views of the same markets.
- Losing Sales to Inferior Competition – Tactical product requirements in, tactical value propositions out! There’s no aspirational value story or vision that distinguishes you from the competition?
- Strategic Priorities Driven by Customer Goals – Learn how to establish your product, marketing and sales priorities based on top-down customer goals, then create a realistic strategy with supporting tactical plans you can execute with confidence to drive profitable growth.
- Marketing & Sales Priorities for Short-Term Revenue – Learn an industry segment solutions approach to get the most revenue possible from horizontal products.
- Product Portfolio Priorities for Longer-Term Growth – Learn an industry segment solutions approach for creating a strategic roadmap and product plans that propel you up the growth curve in your most lucrative markets.
- Customer Value Narrative – What’s on the roadmap? Why should we fund that? What’s in the next release? What’s the value proposition? You’ll learn how to answer these questions and others in a pure customer value narrative without ever mentioning products or features. They’re optional!
- Stronger Value Focus – The narrative changes from “how can we make more money with our products” to “how can we make our customers more successful and grow profitably doing it with our products/services?”
- Clarity That Improves Execution – When everyone understands WHO you’re targeting, WHAT you’ll help them accomplish, and WHY it’s critical to their success, they’ll be more innovative and execute with greater purpose and focus.
- Greater Go-to-Market Momentum – Your cadence for delivering high-value solutions to the market will increase and help you establish, maintain or increase your competitive edge because your product, marketing and sales teams will be focused on common customer success goals.
Combine Markets & Customer Goals with any of the following courses for a 1, 2, 3 or 4-day hands-on workshop.
Flat Rate Course Fees for Up to 12 participants
- 1-Day Workshop: $10,000 pre-paid or $12,000 standard terms.
- 2-Day Workshop: $18,000 pre-paid or $24,000 standard terms.
- 3-Day Workshop: $24,000 pre-paid or $30,000 standard terms.
Additional fees for international travel apply.
PRODUCT AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Basic Product Management Skills: 2-Day Workshop
Advanced Product/Portfolio Management & Strategy: 3-Day Workshop
Market/Business Requirements Definition: 1-Day Workshop
PRODUCT MARKETING & SALES ENABLEMENT
Basic Product Marketing & Sales Enablement Skills: 2-Day Workshop
Advanced Product/Portfolio Marketing & Strategy: 2-Day Workshop
Product Demo Training: 2-Day Workshop