What Do Good Market Requirements Look Like?
Good market requirements are a true representation of how your target customers see themselves, without any bias to your products or services. Markets & Customer Goals teaches you how to define market and business requirements from the executive suite (strategic customer goals & priorities) all the way down to the people doing the work in the trenches (tactical impact) for each of your target markets.
When you complete this course, you’ll have a Market Requirements Document (MRD) that serves as the foundation for building, marketing, selling and implementing business solutions with strategic customer value.
- Determine the most lucrative market segments for your organization (the portfolio) instead of doing it for each product so that priorities aren’t constantly competing and changing.
- Identify the market dynamics that are shaping the strategies of your target customers from the top down so that your products, marketing messages and sales conversations are more relevant to the strategic and tactical priorities of your target customers.
- See your target customers the same way they see themselves so you can make them better at what they do and grow profitably doing it.
- Product-Biased Market Views – You see the market through the lens of your products instead of seeing it through the lens of the customer’s business.
- Competing Plans & Priorities – Product-biased views of the market and sales-driven product priorities result in competing and constantly changing priorities across products, marketing and sales.
- Strategic Decisions Based on Tactical Information – All too often, market needs are confused with user needs and your product, marketing and sales efforts are disproportionately focused on low-value tactical needs that aren’t strategic to customers, or your organization. That makes it even more difficult to grow revenue, profitability, customer retention and market share.
- Wider Market Lens, More Valuable Insights – You’ll understand your target customers as well or better than they understand themselves so that you’re consistently delivering, marketing and selling strategic business value.
- A Clear Line of Sight From the Top Down – You’ll be able to articulate what your target customers are trying to accomplish, why those business goals are important, and what’s stopping them – from the executive suite (strategic) down to the people in the trenches (tactical) so that everything you do has greater value to the market.
- Customer Value Narrative – Your product plans, marketing messages and sales conversations will be headlined with a WHO, WHAT & WHY customer value narrative instead of a HOW product/technical narrative.
- Greater Strategic Value – Your products and services will deliver greater strategic value and drive new growth because they’re aimed directly at the top-down business goals of your target customers.
- Change-Resistant Priorities – When your priorities are in complete alignment with the strategic goals of your target customers, they won’t change unless the market suddenly shifts.
- Stronger Downstream Execution – When there is a crystal clear definition of WHO your target customers are, WHAT they’re trying to accomplish and WHY, the HOW part (development, marketing, sales and delivery) is easier for everyone.
Fees for Instructor-Led Workshops (minimums apply)
- 1-Day Introductory Seminar + 90 Days of Online Courses: $1,200/person
- 2-Day Hands-on Workshop + 90 Days of Online Courses: $1,600/person
- 3-Day Hands-on Workshop + 90 Days of Online Courses: $2,000/person
All instructor-led workshops include the Proficientz Certification Exam.
**Additional fees for international travel apply.