There’s Only One View of the Customer That Matters: Their View!
It’s Unnatural for Most Product Companies
It’s only natural for a product company to see the market through the lens of its products. But it creates a very distorted view of reality that can misdirect your product, marketing and sales strategies. Markets & Customer Goals is an advanced market requirements training course makes it easy for you to see your target customers the same way they see themselves. That unbiased view of the market is the lynchpin to delivering, marketing and selling solutions with greater strategic value to accelerate your growth.
- Determine the most lucrative market segments for your organization (the portfolio) instead of doing it for each product so that priorities aren’t constantly changing.
- Identify the market dynamics that are shaping the strategies of your target customers from the top down so that your products, marketing messages and sales conversations are more relevant to the strategic and tactical priorities of your target customers.
- See your target customers the same way they see themselves so you can make them better at what they do and grow profitably doing it.
- Product-Biased Market Views – You see the market through the lens of your products instead of seeing it through the lens of the customer’s business.
- Competing Product Plans & Priorities – Product-biased views of the market and sales-driven product priorities result in competing and constantly changing priorities.
- Tactical Focus – Market needs are synonymous with user needs and your product, marketing and sales efforts are disproportionately focused on low-value tactical needs that aren’t driving new growth.
- Wider Market Lens, More Valuable Insights – You’ll understand your target customers as well or better than they understand themselves so that you’re consistently delivering, marketing and selling strategic business value.
- A Clear Line of Sight From the Top Down – You’ll be able to articulate what your target customers are trying to accomplish, why those business goals are important, and what’s stopping them – from the executive suite (strategic) down to the people in the trenches (tactical) so that everything you do has greater value to the market.
- Customer Value Narrative – Your product plans, marketing messages and sales conversations will be headlined with a WHO, WHAT & WHY customer value narrative instead of a HOW product/technical narrative.
- Greater Strategic Value – Your products and services will deliver greater strategic value and drive new growth because they’re aimed directly at the top-down business goals of your target customers.
- Change-Resistant Priorities – When your priorities are in complete alignment with the strategic goals of your target customers, they won’t change unless the market suddenly shifts.
- Stronger Downstream Execution – When there is a crystal clear definition of WHO your target customers are, WHAT they’re trying to accomplish and WHY, the HOW part (development, marketing, sales and delivery) is easier for everyone.
PRODUCT AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Basic Product Management Skills: 2-Day Workshop
Advanced Product/Portfolio Management & Strategy: 3-Day Workshop
Market/Business Requirements Definition: 1-Day Workshop
PRODUCT MARKETING & SALES ENABLEMENT
Basic Product Marketing & Sales Enablement Skills: 2-Day Workshop
Advanced Product/Portfolio Marketing & Strategy: 2-Day Workshop
Product Demo Training: 2-Day Workshop
Flat Rate Course Fees for Up to 12 participants
- 1-Day Workshop: $10,000 pre-paid or $12,000 standard terms.
- 2-Day Workshop: $18,000 pre-paid or $24,000 standard terms.
- 3-Day Workshop: $24,000 pre-paid or $30,000 standard terms.
Additional fees for international travel apply.