Product Marketing Training: The Best Story (Not Always the Best Product) Wins
Pre-requisite: Markets & Customer Goals
Buying in an Emotional Decision!
Creating value messages that evoke the right emotions with buyers is critical to marketing and sales success. Market & Sell is a product marketing best practices training course for B2B that teaches you how to create a differentiating and aspirational value story by bringing the customers’ vision to life (the emotional part). The strengths of your products and services (the logical part) are the proof points. Getting your salespeople to articulate those messages consistently…that’s the best reason to take this training!
- Start more conversations with decision-makers (qualified leads).
- Communicate unique differentiation in customer value terminology.
- Raise the consultative selling quotient of the salesforce and play stronger offense.
- You’re Speaking the Language of Your Products – Your marketing and sales messages are more about your products than they are the business goals and aspirations of your target customers.
- Tactical Positioning – Your messaging is one-dimensional and speaks primarily to users, forcing your salespeople into more feature wars, longer sales cycles and bigger discounts.
- Too Much Selling, Too Little Listening – You’re spending too much time talking about your company and your products and too little time asking insightful questions and understanding what your prospective customers are trying to accomplish and why it’s important to their business.
- Higher Marketing & Sales Credibility – If you convince your target customers that you’re more knowledgeable about their industry and business operations than the competition, they’ll assume your products and services are superior. You’ll learn how to flip the switch from product to customer.
- Top-Down Positioning – You’ll learn how to communicate strategic value to executives, operational value to department heads and tactical value to managers and users without all the overhead of generic buyer and user personas.
- Consultative Selling – Sometime, the most effective selling isn’t really selling. It’s asking insightful questions, listening and facilitating business conversations that inform your buyers on best practices for meeting their goals. Learn how to master those techniques so that the value of your company and its solutions are communicated in the most relevant and credible context.
- Industry Best Practice Expertise – The more you can convince buyers that your solutions follow current industry best practices, the the easier it is to convince them that they don’t need custom solutions.
- More Conversations With Decision-Makers – If your messaging speaks to decision-makers, your salespeople will have more conversations with them early in the sales cycle to create preference.
- Clearer Differentiation – Your products probably aren’t that different. What makes your solutions unique in the eyes of your buyers is your organization’s knowledge of their industry and how those dynamics are shaping their business operations. Positioning your products in that context creates clear differentiation.
- More Qualified Leads – When your demand generation activities are headlined with the strategic goals and obstacles of your target customers, your pipeline will consistently fill with low-hanging fruit.
PRODUCT AND PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT
Basic Product Management Skills: 2-Day Workshop
Advanced Product/Portfolio Management & Strategy: 3-Day Workshop
Market/Business Requirements Definition: 1-Day Workshop
PRODUCT MARKETING & SALES ENABLEMENT
Basic Product Marketing & Sales Enablement Skills: 2-Day Workshop
Advanced Product/Portfolio Marketing & Strategy: 2-Day Workshop
Product Demo Training: 2-Day Workshop
Flat Rate Course Fees for Up to 15 participants
- 1-Day Workshop: $10,000 pre-paid or $12,000 standard terms. Additional participants $700/person.
- 2-Day Workshop: $18,000 pre-paid or $24,000 standard terms. Additional participants $1200/person.
- 3-Day Workshop: $24,000 pre-paid or $30,000 standard terms. Additional participants $1600/person.
Additional fees for international travel apply.