This training program is ideal if…
“we’re good at enhancements but not uncovering the next big problem.”
“the product manager and product owner roles are confusing.”
“there’s no big-picture strategy driving our Agile priorities.”
This Agile product management training course is a hands-on, how-to workshop that will help you uncover and solve bigger business problems (beyond incremental product enhancements) and get higher-value solutions to market faster using Agile development.
You’ll learn how to develop a single market-facing roadmap consisting of business problems instead of features, and create higher-value solutions. You’ll eliminate competing priorities with product plans that are complementary instead of competitive. You’ll improve efficiency in the trenches by integrating upstream product management activities (who, what & why) with downstream Agile development processes (how).
Training Program Overview
Gather Market & Customer Insights: Agile Doesn’t Change How Market Needs are Identified!
Regardless of your development methodology, the foundation of all product, marketing and sales activities is a strong understanding what your target customers are trying to accomplish, why those goals are important and what’s stopping them. In this section of the course, you’ll learn how to gather those needs and then parse them into artifacts that improve the proficiency of your Agile teams and result in higher-value solutions.
- Learn how to gather and use market insights to establish a strong foundation of market-facing themes, epics and user stories that drive all aspects of product management, product marketing and sales enablement.
- Learn how to identify market, customer and competitive insights and map them to your products to get a clear picture of where you stand, where you need to go and why.
- Learn how to battle “shiny new object” product ideas with factual market information.
- Learn how to develop simple buyer and user personas that drive product direction, marketing messages and sales dialogues.
The Proficientz Difference: Your products will solve bigger problems, your marketing messages will be more relevant, and your salespeople will be more credible because we make it easier to identify the most critical needs of your target customers from the top down.
Strategize & Plan: Agile Doesn’t Eliminate the Need for a Strategic Roadmap!
In this section of the course you’ll learn how to create a single strategic roadmap that ensures your product backlogs are complementary instead of competitive. You’ll learn how to sell the value of your roadmaps and plans by articulating what customers are trying to accomplish and why (business goals) to ensure user stories and features are aimed directly at the bulls-eye.
- Learn how to create strategic roadmaps and product backlogs with customer centric themes, epics and user stories to ensure the market is clearly understood by everyone.
- Learn how to get stronger buy-in from all stakeholders with actionable strategies and plans that demonstrate superior knowledge of the market and support your organization’s growth and profitability goals.
The Proficientz Difference: You’ll have fewer stops, starts and shifts in priorities because we make it easier to create strategies and product plans that are complementary instead of competitive.
Deliver, Market & Sell: Agile Changes Every Aspect of Product Delivery?
In this section of the course you’ll learn how to take the devil out of the details to ensure day-to-day execution in the trenches is streamlined, simple and consistent.
- Learn how to lead Agile development teams with market and customer insights that inspire them to build more innovative solutions.
- Learn how to integrate customer focus groups into your Agile processes to validate product design and usability.
- Learn how to use themes, epics and user stories to improve your product positioning and sales tools and give your sales force a stronger resume that opens more doors at the decision-maker level.
- Learn how to become proficient at executing all processes for planning, delivering and launching more successful products in an Agile environment.
- Learn how to structure the ideal product management team for your organization that eliminates the confusion and redundancies between product managers (problem-finders) and product owners (problem-solvers).
The Proficientz Difference: You’ll execute the product delivery process with less effort because we simplify every aspect of product management, product marketing and sales enablement.
Schedule your private onsite workshop today.