Product Portfolio Management Consulting Services
Small Engagements. Big Impact
Our "keep it simple" philosophy is the cornerstone of everything we do to help organizations fuel growth. To that end, we offer a variety of consulting services that deliver high impact in a short timeframe.
Our Most Popular Engagement
The Product Management Operational Assessment
Our operational assessment will examine your entire product delivery process from start to finish including interviews with key stakeholders to understand corporate goals and objectives and the extent to which the product management and product marketing functions are aligned. We’ll review key processes and artifacts surrounding market analysis, product strategy, ideation, product planning, product design, product rollouts plus enablement of the marketing, sales and client services functions.
Contact us to schedule your onsite assessment or to discuss other Proficientz consulting services.
- A documented summary of findings
- Written recommendations for closing the gap between corporate goals and the discipline in which products are managed and marketed
- A Proficientz proposal for implementing suggested recommendations
Additional Consulting Services
Product Organization Structure
- Create a product organization where roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and the overall team is structured to deliver a single over-arching market & portfolio strategy that guides all product execution initiatives with a clear purpose. The key to any successful process is the team responsible for executing it.
Markets & Strategy
- Create a comprehensive view of your target markets in a simple format. The deliverable becomes the basis for all strategic and operational decisions as well as business cases.
- Create a strategic roadmap based on the most lucrative market opportunities. It's the equivalent of a bulls-eye that aligns every part of the organization with the top priorities so everyone can easily contribute for faster success.
Portfolio Road Mapping & Planning
- Develop a high level product portfolio roadmap that supports your top market priorities. Product priority debates all but come to an end.
- Create product backlogs and release plans that follow your strategic portfolio roadmap. It's a simple plan that identifies product and service solutions and their value to your organization as well as your target markets.
Problem Discovery & Requirements Development
- Good problem discovery techniques are the lynchpin in determining needs that drive future product direction. We can teach you the techniques using a simple but structured discipline.
- Developing Requirements - From high level market issues to the most granular of product requirements and everything in between. We'll help you take a simple approach that results in better market solutions as well as higher performing, sales, marketing, services and support organizations. It's not as much about the product as you might think.
Positioning, Messaging, Presentations & Demos
- Does your positioning pass the "so what" test? Develop your value story in a language that's both relevant and compelling to your target buyers. Do it once and deliver it consistently in both written and verbal format. We'll help you craft the message in plain simple English and script the story in a way that's easy for everyone to understand and deliver. The key to a powerful message is relevance and simplicity.
User Groups & Steering Committees
- Structure your user groups to ensure they meet your organization's goals.
- These forums can easily turn into gripe sessions where nothing gets accomplished. Get more value from these meetings with our expert facilitation techniques to make sure the right questions are being asked and the most pressing issues are extracted.
Rollouts & Launches
- There is a difference between rollout and launch. Rollouts focus on internal readiness while launches focus on external communication of your successes. Proficientz can help you succeed at both.
Please contact us to learn more about our Product Portfolio Management Consulting Services.